Sunday 3 July 2011

Recycling

I have always liked the challenges involved with recycling and make do with what you have rather than buying new every time. When picked up issue 7 of Making magazine I was delighted to find a project for making Rag rugs.

I have for sometime been hoarding my old duvet covers and sheets that are no longer useable unwilling to throw them away - this is because most of them were wedding presents and I feel very sentimental about them.
We have needed a new bathroom mat for awhile and it seemed a perfect way of using some of the old duvet covers, so after a sort through I came up with a cover and bed valance in shades of blue.

And after a little stash dive in my work room some blue & white and red & white fabric that I have had for many years.

So I am now turning this pile of strips into this this rug.



So this is my current obsession.
Happy crafting Sharon.xxx

No comments: